Thanks to all of you who stopped by for yesterday’s DREAMING MEETING…it was dreamy!
Ha, and by that, I mean it was great! You poured out ideas, excitement and some creativity to come up with some great ways to connect in our church’s Family Ministry (kids, youth and their families).
If you have ANY MORE ideas, please email them to me: Laurel . cluthe @ holmeswood . org. Thanks!
Here is a recap of what you said/wrote:
Ways to Connect–What are some friendship-making events we can try?
- Family/church retreat X3
- Campus clean-up (work together)
- Skating parties
- Kids’ game night
- Family game nights X3
- Homework afternoon/night with adult/youth helpers
- Cooking classes X 2
- Advent Eat-vent (potluck and Advent learning activities for all ages)
- Making Christmas cookies or other holiday things
- Craft nights/afternoons
- Children’s choir
- Royals baseball game
- Weekend camping, family camping
Share–What are some ways we can serve together?
- Inter-faith Worship
- Children’s Sabbath more often
- Ways to involve children in doing missions
- Mission trips for youth and all church
- Serve members of our church in need (household projects, meals, visiting, making connections, etc.)
- Joint BFG class
- Combine with adult class to serve others
Lead–What are some opportunities for kids and youth to lead God’s people?
- Youth mentoring children
- Children’s Communion–learning about it
- Youth Communion
- Youth-led Sunday, youth-led sermon/preaching
- Prayer during church
- Green/recycle education
- Youth helping with children
- Sound booth
- More Children’s Sabbaths
- Mission projects
Learn–Which stories/lessons should we teach our kids/youth/families? How?
- God loves everyone
- Treat others like you would like to be treated
- Why is the Bible important?
- Books of the Bible–memorization
- Holding Jesus’ love in your heart forever
- Making family games to learn
- Old Testament Bible stories (Daniel-lions; Joseph-coat; David-Goliath; Jesus-cross)
- How to love the hard-to-love
- Women of the Bible! (Jesus’ disciples, Deborah, etc.)
- Helping others
- How do I share God’s love?
- How to answer the questions: “Why do you go to church?” and “What do you believe?”–conversation starters with friends at school
- Bible stories with life lessons
- Emphasis on Jesus
- Use music in relation to teaching
So dreams CAN come true…let’s make it happen! Email me if you’d liketo be a part of the Family Ministry Team, a *brand new* group that will put these dreams into plans. We’ll make it happen! Our first team meeting will be soon, so let me know if you’d like to join. And our first dream event is December 10, Advent Eat-vent. Thanks!