How has 2017 gone?
Quickly, without overthinking it, think of the…
- Best moment of this year
- Worst moment of this year
- 2 people you couldn’t have survived this year without
- How did you change this year?
- What is 1 thing you did/said that God is probably proud of?
- What is 1 thing you did/said that you need to ask God for forgiveness?
- What is 1 change you can make TODAY to live more like Jesus?
I know, so many questions. But questions help us reflect, grow and become better humans. And better humans are…well, better for all of God’s Creation. A clear conscience is priceless. = )
Jesus truly gives us fresh starts, and a new calendar year (like 2018) is an obvious place to *PAUSE* and have a fresh start. The key to a fresh START is finishing the previous era WELL.
How to finish 2017 well:
- Be honest with yourself and with others–make time to talk things through that need to be sorted out and settled. (This is so hard, but I promise it’s essential for healing!)
- Be quick to forgive yourself and others–we all need to improve, and going into something with lightning focus to heal and move on is a beautiful thing.
- Be flat out friendly!–because everybody could use another friend.
- And clean out stuff that is cluttering your life (whoa, I really need to do this!). The clear space will leave room for possibilities and opportunities!
Grace and peace to you in these last (chilly) days of 2017
and the exciting possibilities of 2018!
12/31/17–Last day to sign up for the Youth/Young Adult Mission Trip to NYC and receive the extra $100 off! See details here: https://holmeswoodfam.org/nyc-mission-2018/
- 10th: Faith and Fun Night, 5:30-7:30pm includes dinner, a Scavenger Hunt (Bible Edition!) and a Mission Project for Children’s Mercy!
- 19th: (1st Ever) Kids’ Night Out, 5:30-8:00pm is a themed “Lion King” night of dinner, movie, games and fun! Ages 3-12; cost: $7/child or $20/family. Volunteers (youth and adults) are welcome to help and join in the fun–email or text Laurel.
- 7th: Faith and Fun Night, 5:30-7:30pm includes dinner, a Valentine’s gameapalooza, a lesson on Lent and Shrove Tuesday, too.
- 16th: (1st Ever) Family Game Night, 6:30-8:30pm in Fellowship Hall is fun for the whole family! Bring a game and snack to share (optional) as kids and adults partner off for some epic games and fun!
Hope to see you Sunday!