Hello! It’s Monday, and we have so much to talk about.
- Thanks for making yesterday’s Trunk or Treat so special! You either provided a trunk for treating or you might have dressed up to receive treats. You welcomed neighbors and friends, and we couldn’t be more grateful for a beautiful, sunny day filled with lots of fun! Be sure and invite a friend to our next event, Giving Thanks Meal on Sunday, Nov 14 at 11:30 am.
- Today is All Saints Day! It is one of my favorite days of the year because we take time to honor God and our loved ones who have died. (Dia de los Muertos is November 2, in connection to these days following All Hallow’s Eve, with a more intimate adaptation of honoring the dead, originally celebrated by Indigenous peoples such as the Aztecs and Toltecs, now celebrated in some parts of Mexico and parts of the US heavily influenced by Mexican culture). Even though we miss them and wish they could be with us in-person today, we take this day (and the week) to celebrate the time we had with them and thank God for that beloved person. Today, I honor my father-in-law Pete, who loved classical music, grilling pork tenderloin and he loved laughing with his family so very much. He spoke fluent Russian and German, so I’ll say hello to you in those languages… Privet! (Hello in Russian) and Schönen montag (Happy Monday in German)! Maybe I’ll go listen to some classical music and eat some of his favorite foods to honor him, too.
- What is one way you can honor a loved one who has died? How can you honor God for gifting you with time with this loved one today?
As you know, yesterday was Halloween. When I drove home last night from the grocery store, I noticed that there were trick or treaters out in the dark. Even though it was only 7:00 pm, it was SO DARK OUTSIDE! It reminded me of how wonderful light it and how helpful it is when we are trying to find our way. It reminded me of this verse:
Quite simply, YOU are the light. Now how are you going to use your light this week? Do you choose to shine it for others? Let us be the light. Amen.
Pick up your lamps. You are light to all who meet you.
- Tuesday, Nov 2 – Mission Council at 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, Nov 3 – Adult Connections – book group at 6:00 pm
- Thursday, Nov 4 – Family Ministry Team at 6:00 pm
- Sunday, Nov 7 – BFGs at 9:00 am, Worship (All Saints Sunday) at 10:15 am
- Sunday, Nov 14 – Giving Thanks Meal