2022 Heartland Day Camp
June 6-10, 2022 (Monday-Friday)
9:00 am – 4:00 pm (early care available; see below)
Current K-6th Graders (must have completed any grade K-6th)
$60 per camper (scholarships available)
Summer is on its way! We have an exciting 5-day, ALL day camp this year! At camp, your kids will be in a “Family Group” with energetic counselors, where they will make friends, play gym and water games, have interactive Bible story/study, do mission projects, put on skits, crafts, sing songs, run around and have a great time. We welcome ALL kids, and we prioritize safety and inclusivity.
Registration is open (see below)! Check back on this page for updates and specific guidelines, as we finalize them. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding. If you have questions about registrations and payments, please email Rev. Laurel Cluthe at Laurel . cluthe @ holmeswood.org. We hope your family can join in the fun!
2 Steps to Sign Up: Register & Pay
Register online: https://www.heartlandcamps.org/holmeswood
Note: Register AND Fill out your camper’s medical form, both through the above link.
Please register early…we had a long Waiting List last time!
- When registering, please input the Grade your child/ren is COMPLETING (example: 6th grade, not incoming 7th grader). Thanks!
Pay: Online or Mail a check – $60 per camper
Online (via credit or debit card, or checking account): https://www.fellowshiponegiving.com/app/giving/holmeswood
- Under “Fund” (dropdown menu): Please select “Heartland Camp Payments,” then choose your method of payment
Mail a check to Holmeswood Baptist Church, 9700 Holmes Rd. Kansas City, MO 64131; write the check to Holmeswood Baptist Church, and please add your camper(s) names in the “Note” section.
Please pay online or mail the check to arrive in the church office by May 20 at the latest. Thank you!
We believe ALL kids should experience the joy of camp, so financial assistance is available if you apply by May 15. (The earlier the better, though!) Please contact Laurel Cluthe at email@example.com or 816-942-1729 to request financial assistance; your information will remain confidential within our Finance Office.
$60 per camper (includes lunch and snacks)
Financial assistance is available if you apply by may 15 at the latest! Please contact Laurel Cluthe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-942-1729 to request financial assistance.
Payments due by May 20. This is a firm deadline, as we will open up our Waiting List for campers after this date for unpaid registrants.
Early care from 8-9 am by reservation deadline of may 20. Please contact Laurel Cluthe at email@example.com or 816-942-1729 to reserve early care and/or late care.
Cancellation deadline: If your camper is unable to attend, the deadline for cancelling with a full refund is May 20; if payment is not made by then, spots will be offered to campers on the Waiting List. After this date, refunds will not be given.
We are thrilled to spend a week with your incredible campers. Stay tuned for more details. In the meantime, get ready for an amazing summer and time on the giant water slide!!!!
- Summer Camp Dates are June 6-10, 2022
- Camp will run from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm with Early Care option (8:00 to 9:00 am)
- COVID Guidelines (subject to change): Because the health and safety of our campers, families and volunteers are our priorities, we will have policies and procedures that reflect this. This includes camp programming primarily outside, masks worn indoors when not eating or drinking (this could change), and “family groups” staying together all week; when in large group settings, children will either be masked (indoors) or unmasked (outdoors) within their family groups. All Holmeswood adult and youth volunteers are vaccinated, and Heartland has strongly encouraged all staff to be vaccinated. Staff will wear masks at all times indoors, unless eating or drinking.
- Family Ice Cream Party – Thursday, June 9 following camp (4:00 pm on). Outdoor activities, fun and ice cream treats.
Our camp is successful because of our wonderful Heartland staff and Holmeswood volunteers! As a volunteer, you have options of how to be involved, including working at check-in/check-out, setup/cleanup, as a family group counselor (all 5 days from June 6-10) when you really get to know the campers, or in a briefer capacity, like helping at stations (Missions, water games, crafts, storytime, lunch, snacktime, etc.), or even the Thursday night family cookout. Please let us know how you would like to be involved; all volunteers will be interviewed and go through a thorough criminal background check and screening. Approved volunteers will participate in a two-part training and are expected to follow all camp policies and procedures.
VOLUNTEERS (aged 16 and older) Sign up to volunteer here: https://www.heartlandcamps.org/tdc#forvolunteers
JUNIOR COUNSELOR VOLUNTEERS (7th grade through 15 years old) Sign up to volunteer here: https://www.heartlandcamps.org/tdc#forjuniorcounselors