See the Info and Registration Form Here:
Completed Registration Form and $75 Deposit due by January 5, 2020!!
Required Trip Meetings:
- February 2 – Chili Cook-off Fundraiser Lunch, 11:30-1:00
- March 1 – Meeting #1, 11:30-1:30
- April 5 – Meeting #2, 11:30-1:30
- May 3 – Meeting #3, 11:30-1:30
- June 7 – Meeting #4, 11:30-1:30
2019 Team Meetings
- 4 Required Team Meetings:
- ALL Mission Team members need to attend so we can prepare for Denver and our partnership with DOOR Network. We need you! Thanks.
- Team Meeting #1 (April16)
- To Do for everyone:
- In your “Sponsor book,” read through pages 1-12 (about DOOR Network and Denver; Preparing for the Journey, section 1); if you have questions/comments, be sure and bring them to our next meeting
- What we did in the meeting:
- Wrote down things we already knew about Denver and Colorado; discussed.
- Watched 2 videos from Lesson 1: Conversations about Race (diversity and ally) and discussed what surprised us, resonated with us, etc.
- Watched first 20 minutes of “The Chicano Movement in Denver” episode from PBS. Discussed.
- To Do for everyone:
- Team Meeting #2 (May 8)
- Team Meeting #3 (June 30)
- Team Meeting #4 (July 14)
DETAILS FOR JULY 21–JULY 27:
Sunday, July 21st –Travel Day
6:30 AM: Meet at church by 6:30 at the latest! Pack up, pray
7:00 PM: Leave Holmeswood for Denver!
4:30 PM: Arrive in Denver, grab an early dinner and get a tiny tour
6:00 PM: Check-in and settle into rooms at First Mennonite Church
7:00 PM: Evening Orientation with our Hosts
Monday-Thursday – Serving, Sharing, Learning with
Day of Service around central Denver
Evening events featuring local guests (Wednesday is a free evening to go explore)
Evening reflection and Worship time
Friday, July 26th—Holmeswood Explores
Pack up and clean up at First Mennonite, say goodbye to DOOR crew
Denver exploration (we’ll pick 1-2 group activities ahead of time)
Special overnight experience
Saturday, July 27th—On the Road Again
Head back to Kansas City, ETA 6:00 pm (we will notify families)
Exodus 3, Micah 6:8,
John 3:16-17, Matthew 6:9-13
Cost Breakdown (per person):
DOOR programming, most meals, housing, t-shirt: $325
Six travel/non-DOOR meals (Sun L&D, Fri L&D, Sat B&L): $60
Ground transportation (Denver RTD pass): $15
Surprise activity on Friday: $70
Total: $470 (Scholarships available! Email Laurel)
- Join us for a week of learning from, serving alongside and sharing with locals and partner organizations in beautiful Denver, Colorado! This urban mission experience will be a great way to broaden our view of God’s love and God’s Creation the Lincoln Park-La Alma Neighborhood, a vibrant community and hub of the Chicano Movement! We will learn from local high school interns, DOOR staff, and work with some of the 30 local partner organizations that seek economic justice for all. There will be so much learning, experiencing and fun, as we share in the joy of Denver and the fantastic community that is opening their doors and arms to include us this summer.
- HOW TO SIGN UP: Fill out the Registration Form and turn in a Deposit of $100. Scholarships are available, but we need your form and deposit first, to be eligible for assistance. Thanks!
- Questions? Comments? Contact Laurel at church, via in person, email, text or phone call.
- ***As a team, we will fund raise and ensure that everyone who wants to go will have the $$ to go. Please fill out your registration form and turn it in ASAP, so we can put our fundraising plan together! We are a team. = )
Past Mission Trips:
DOOR Network in Denver, July 21-27, 2019
C.L.U.E. (Children Living the Urban Experience) Camp with Rauschenbusch Metro Ministries (partnering with Metro Baptist in Hell’s Kitchen and Greater Restoration Baptist Church in Brooklyn), July 1-7, 2018
PASSPORT Missions in Memphis, TN, 2017